NEWS AND EVENTS
- Full Day Writing Retreat (IN PERSON) with Laurie Gough at her home, Saturday, November 5th, 10:30-4:30. See: https://www.facebook.com/LaurieGoughAuthor
- Weekend Writing Retreat (IN PERSON) with Laurie Gough at The Crow’s Nest, August 12-14th, 2022. Click here for details and to register.
- Six-Week Interactive Workshop with Laurie Gough, Winter 2022. Click here for details. (This is through MemoirWritingInk but I will also be offering my own similar course with a friend who does fiction soon!)
- Memoir Writing Workshop: Daring To Share Your Story at The San Miguel Writers’ Conference and Literary Festival 2022 (Feb 21st and 23rd, 2022, 6 pm-7:30 PM CDT via ZOOM) *The first night I’ll be giving some basics on memoir writing and the second night you get a chance to share your writing and receive feedback. Everyone welcome! This is virtual by the way!
- World Travels and Travel Writing: Turning One Passion Into Another (Laurie’s Workshop) at The San Miguel Writers’ Conference and Literary Festival 2021 (May 17th & 19th, 2021, 5:30-7 PM CDT)
- Travel Writing Workshop at the Morrin Centre, Quebec City, 7 p.m., March 29th, 2019
- World Travels and Travel Writing: Turning One Passion Into Another (Laurie’s Workshop) at The San Miguel Writers’ Conference and Literary Festival, (February 13-17, 2019); also, Laurie will be part of a panel: Making a Living as a Writer–Is it Possible? Also: Laurie will be part of the Americas Reads series
- Carleton University Lecture: World Travels and Travel Writing: Turning One Passion Into Another, May 14, 2018, 6-8 pm
- Writing the World: Crafting the Travel Essay at the San Miguel Writers’ Conference and Literary Festival, Feb 15, 2018
- Travel and Memoir Writing Workshop at Greenwood’s Storyfest, Hudson, Quebec, Oct. 21, 2017, 1-4 pm
- Exciting News! My publisher (Dundurn) just sold Chinese rights to my book!
- Laurie’s Memoir Writing Workshop, Wakefield Writers’ Festival, Saturday, May 19, 2017, 2:30-4:30. “Daring To Share: Let’s Workshop Your Nonfiction Writing” Some details here and more to come!
- Laurie’s Talk at Royal Ottawa Hospital, March 21st, 2017, 6-7:30 pm: “Understanding Obsessive Compulsive Disorder: A Parent’s Perspective. Author Laurie Gough will talk about her personal struggle as a parent of a child with OCD (and how her family conquered it) and offer insight and hope to others who may be wrestling with similar issues, concerns, or challenges. She will also read excerpts from her book.”
- Laurie’s Memoir Writing Workshop at San Miguel Writers’ Conference and Literary Festival, Feb. 19th. More details
- Laurie’s Mexican Book Launch of Stolen Child, Hotel Aldea, San Miguel de Allende, Thursday, Jan. 12th, 2017, Time: 5-7 pm More details
- First Book Review of Stolen Child, in Publishers Weekly
Book Launch, Wakefield Library, Thursday, Sept. 22, 7-9:30 pm
Please join Laurie for her book launch of “Stolen Child: A Mother’s Journey to Rescue Her Son from Obsessive Compulsive Disorder.”
Wine, Snacks, Reading by Laurie, and musical act, How’s My Hair?
Wakefield Library (Community Centre, 38 Valley Dr., Wakefield, QC)
- Book Launch in Guelph at the Booshelf E-Bar! Thursday, Oct 6th, 7 p.m. Everyone welcome!